Welcome to the DJL Exotics
We are happy to answer any questions you may have. Our animals are brought up in a family environment with regular attention throughout the day and we keep care records.
We have some terms and conditions to ensure the best for our animals and to ensure consistency with our adoption process. Our terms and conditions are as follows:
1. Don’t be offended if we ask lots of questions. We’re only trying to ensure the best match for you and the animal.
2. Please be courteous with all messages to other members of the community and ourselves. Any negative, abusive or derogative comments will be deleted and you may be blocked.
3. Due to Facebook rules, we can’t openly advertise any animals that are available on that platform. We will state who has been born/hatched and you can enquire about their availability via PM, phone or email. Animals will be listed for adoption on the website.
4. Any animal that you wish to offer a home to will need a reservation. Regardless of the final re-home fee, the non-refundable deposit is £20. This must be paid within 24 hours of letting us know of your intention to adopt. This is to be paid via PayPal (you can use a debit/credit card with PayPal, you don’t need an account).
5. Any other payments due (if necessary) must be completed by 24 hours before pick-up/collection.
6. Once reserved, you will need to either book a collection date and time within 72 hours unless you’re arranging a courier with us. Otherwise, your any payment other than the non-refundable reservation fee will be refunded (minus £1 admin fee for PayPal charges) and reservation cancelled.
7. Once reserved, you will receive regular updates (1-2 per week) with photos until departure. You can opt out of these, please let us know your preferences.
8. We guarantee the health of the animals for 48 hours after delivery/pick-up.
9. We do allow couriers for any member of the collection. There is an additional cost which will depend on your location and the specialist courier. We do not courier outside of the UK at present.
10. Guinea Pigs and Skinny Pigs leave for their new home with hay and a week’s food.
11. Reptiles will leave for their new home with health records.
12. We are happy to provide all details of current supplies used for the care of any of our animals.
13. We reserve the right to reject any adoption with just cause. The welfare of the animal must come first.
14. Please ensure that you have the correct setup for your adopted animal prior to collection. If you have any questions please let us know.
15. If you need change a collection date, please let us know as soon as possible.
16. Only those aged 18 or over can legally adopt an animal.
17. While we take every effort to provide the correct gender for every animal, we cannot always guarantee the gender. You can speak to us at any time about the gender of your chosen animal.